Keagungan Tuhan - D'lloyd

Jumaat, 2 April 2010

IBAN DISUNITY
Written by Lt Col (Rtd) Robert Rizal Abdullah PGB

I am no political analyst

Nor do I intend to bash any one or any party. As a law-abiding citizen, I wish to mention my observations and comment on what are happening in my homeland that I have helped defend with my life.

Nor do I wish to claim that I know all that are happening in Sarawak. What little I know is what I have read in the newspapers.

Disunity

A long time ago, the Ibans were united under one political party. They were very strong, then. As a Malay saying goes: “Bersatu kita teguh bercerai kita roboh”. Very true indeed!

Then, the party went into trouble and got deregistered. Then they formed a number of political parties in the name of serving the people. These parties are always at a logger head.

What happen now to the Ibans?

They have been broken up into less powerful little groups who are fighting between themselves.





This may have been a political game – a political strategy to overcome opposition and gain supreme control of the country.

Whatever it is, it is clear that the Ibans are the sole loser. If they had remained as one cohesive force, they could have the power to rule the country.

Now, they have nothing – not even the power to fight for the rights of their own people.

Divide and Rule

This brings me to another wise saying: Divide and rule. I thought this wisdom is dead and gone. But looking at what is happening in Sarawak, it is alive and well.

Can’t the Iban leaders see through this political curtain?
Can’t they see that they are being played out?
Who is the main loser? The people – the Ibans!

Solution

How do we overcome this malady? There is only one way:

ALL IBAN LEADERS MUST COME BACK AND FORM ONE BIG, STRONG PARTY.

It is not easy to do. They must be brave enough to throw out their personal interest and gain. They must be willing to get out of their comfort zones in order to attain the bigger reward later.

THE INTERESTS OF THE IBAN COMMUNITY IS ABOVE ALL ELSE.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan


Katakan di sini...

Hasta la siempre (Comandante Che Guevara)